Sunday, October 24, 2010

Search, Find and Color!

Anyone remember the Where's Waldo books? This weekend I was doing a little shopping and ran across this "Search, Find and Color" book. I thought it would be the perfect thing for my students to do as they finished their projects! Usually, I have them work on "practice drawing" where they can draw anything they like. This works great for some students; however, most students need more direction. I think the search and find will hold their attention longer.
This is an example of what the search and find pages look like

I was so excited about this whole search and find idea, that my wheels really started turning. I could  help students review art content as they worked on their search and finds. So, I created my own. 



Here are the things I'm asking my students to look for
- Color wheel (and color it correctly)
-Abstract Sculpture
-Paintbrushes (5)
-Easel
-Symmetrical Pattern
-Sphere
-Top Hat
-Still Life (2)
-Landscape
-Optical Illusion (color it to show movement)

I'll let you know how it goes!

Can anyone tell me how to post a word document? 




No comments:

Post a Comment